Tay bike clothing
Image default

Dutch health insurance

Are you coming from abroad to the Netherlands to work and to live here (temporarily)? In that case, it is important to take out Dutch health insurance as soon as possible. Basic health insurance is compulsory for everyone who lives here. This insurance covers you for necessary care, such as a doctor’s visit or admission to hospital. You can take out health insurance as soon as you are registered in the municipality where you are going to live.

HollandZorg for labour migrants

Choosing health insurance can be difficult. That is why HollandZorg has an insurance specifically for migrant workers. It is easy to take out this insurance and to stop it. In most cases your employer can arrange this for you. He or she can also apply for care benefit if you are entitled to it. In addition, we offer customer service in various languages, and you will have a permanent contact person with us.

Working in the Netherlands and living abroad

Do you work in the Netherlands, but live in your home country? If so, a HollandZorg insurance policy entitles you to reimbursement for care in your home country. You can use an S1 form to declare to a health insurer in your home country that you have Dutch health insurance. If you do live in the Netherlands, an S1 form is not valid.

EHIC card, digital

When you take out health insurance, in most cases you will receive a care pass. You can use it to show health care providers that you are insured. At HollandZorg, your healthcare pass used to be an EHIC card. Nowadays, the EHIC is available digitally so that you can put it on your phone. This entitles you to reimbursement of essential care if you temporarily stay in another country within Europe. Would you like more information about HollandZorg insurance? Please do not hesitate to contact us.